The old emergency numbers 166 (police), 160 (fire brigade) and 150 (ambulance) still work, but they will be redirected to 112. You don’t need an additional code to dial 112.
The 112 service is accessible 24/7 and free of charge.
If you need free legal aid:
- Call the Bulgarian National Hotline for Primary Legal Aid (operated by the National Legal Aid Bureau every weekday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) at +35970018250.
- The legal service is free, but you still need to pay for the phone call.
If you are under 18 and you need information, consultation, support or help:
- Call the National Hotline for Children (operated by the State Agency for Child Protection and Foundation “Animus Association”) at 116111.
Experiencing violence/human trafficking
If you need protection and/or are experiencing violence:
- Call the National Hotline for Victims of Violence (operated by Foundation “Animus Association”) at +35980018676.
If you are a victim of human trafficking:
- Call the National Human Trafficking Resource Line (operated by A21 Bulgaria) at +35980020100. Visit their website to find more information and report trafficking.