Money transfer

Source -

You can send or receive money transfers at the nearest Western Union and MoneyGram locations.

What information do I need to send money?

  • Recipient’s name as it appears on their government-issued ID
  • Recipient’s city/province/state and country
  • Your national passport/ID

What information do I need to receive money?

  • Your national passport/ID
  • A tracking/reference number (ask the sender for this information beforehand)

For more information on required documents, contact Western Union or MoneyGram.

What if I don’t have my national passport/ID?

Your registration card as an asylum-seeker in Bulgaria is not an identification document. You cannot use it to send or receive money. You will need your national passport/ID to do that.

Many asylum-seekers do not have access to their national identification documents. In this case, many asylum-seekers find someone who has a valid identification document to send or receive money for them. If you choose to do this, be careful. Make sure you can trust the person. Otherwise, they may scam you and take your money.